This is my own creation and I can guarantee this will be one of the best BBQ sauces you have ever had. I get most people don’t won’t to go through the trouble of making their own sauce, but I promise you it isn’t as difficult as you would think. If you are going to buy BBQ sauce, I can recommend one for you. Just message us for the answer. (No free shout outs here.) I will have my BBQ sauce for purchase sometime in the future. Please note, as with all recipes, the amounts can be adjusted to your liking. Also, please don’t steal this recipe, bottle it, and sell it. I will seriously sue you so hard.
Music by: http://www.purple-planet.com
Cook Time (approx.):
- 2 cups of ketchup
- ½ cup of apple cider vinegar
- ⅓ cup of red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp of soy sauce
- ½ tbsp of Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp of molasses
- ½ cup of real maple syrup
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 – 2 tsp of red pepper flakes (to taste)
- 1 tbsp of ground black pepper
- 1 tsp of ground mustard seed
- 1 tsp of white pepper
- 2 tsp of ground cumin
- 2 tbsp of chipotle pepper
- 2 tbsp of chili powder
- ½ cup of brown sugar
- 6 oz. of beer, IPA recommended
- 1 – 3 oz. of Bourbon or Whiskey
- Mix all ingredients in a pot.
- Bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- Let simmer for 30 minutes stirring every 5 minutes.
- Place in a squeeze bottle or a jar.
- Use a mix of ½ BBQ sauce and ½ apple cider vinegar for basting ribs, pork butt, etc.
- This will last for at least 2 weeks in the fridge. You can also throw it in the freezer if you want to save it for future use.
- Buy a squeeze bottle to put this in. If you are storing in the fridge, take the cap off and throw some saran wrap over the opening then screw the cap on over it. Perfect seal.
- Try your own mix of ingredients. Make a base leaving out the whiskey, beer, peppers, etc. and then play around with it. Make it your own.
- Make your own tomato base from tomatoes. There is a lot of salt in ketchup and canned tomatoes. Buy fresh tomatoes and boil and blend them. Sure, your BBQ sauce might be a bit bland, but so is your very long life.
- Use low sodium soy sauce.
- You can leave the alcohol out if you have a “problem”.